Vivage Reads

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke

A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke


I finished Covenant this afternoon and settled in to read A Year in the Merde. As you can see I finished it. A few hours read, and yes, enjoyable.

It's an almost true story. ;-) About Paul, an englishman who moves to Paris to work in a food industry full of whatelse: Parisians. The divide is wide when it comes to Parisians and a Brit. Clarke is pretty funny and much of what he writes reminds me of the week I spent in Paris.

Not that I had a terrible time in Paris, I had a great time, but his descriptions of the areas (many that we visited) and the people in lines were exactamundo, spot on.

This is an easy read, it was lent to me and thats probably the best course of action in obtaining the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home